The answer is found in the pathogenetic yeast overgrowth called candida.
Do you suffer from any of these symptoms after a night of drinking alcohol?
- itchiness and/or breakouts around the crotch or butt crack areas
- Geographic tongue (white with spots)
- Skin outbreaks; forehead, nape of neck
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Brain fog
- Major sugar cravings
If so, these are acute symptoms of candida. The long term chronic symptoms caused by this troublesome pathogen cause long term inflammation that can lead to diseases such as bowel cancer, diabetes, ongoing nail fungus, mental disorders and more. Candida yeast naturally lives in and on the body, but it is an overgrowth that can lead to health problems. Alcohol converts to sugar (no matter what) so don’t buy the false marketing. Candida feeds off of sugar. Candida overgrowth can cause digestive issues, fatigue, joint pain and mental health related symptoms. When candida begins to grow uncontrollably it can cause an infection known as candidiasis. In fact, candida is one of the most common fungal infections in humans.
What causes candidiasis?
High alcohol intake, taking antibiotics, eating a diet high in sugar and refined carbs, taking oral contraceptives, a weakened immune system and high stress levels. This is quiet common in women between the ages of 21-38. Hormones play a huge role in microbiota imbalance in the gut.
Mind Body / Gut Brain connection
When you're craving sugar and alcohol, it's not your brain that is out of balance, it's your gut microbiome. It is not in your head, it's actually coming from your gut!
Just eliminating alcohol doesn’t make this pathogenic opportunistic yeast go away, you have to kill it, repopulate the gut with good bacteria, and change the behaviors that played a part in the dance to begin with. Similarly, if you want change you need to do things differently. We need to address the core energetic components that relate to candida, autoimmune disease and its connection to inflammation in and outside the body as it relates to boundary issues in relationships. This holistic way of addressing these interconnected issues isn’t often supported by Western medicine. I was told many times my symptoms were ‘all in my head’ when actually it was what was happening in my gut, but they knew nothing about how to help me. Since 2001 I have been struggling to get to the bottom of chronic intestinal candidiasis and finally have begun to heal dysbiosis and bring harmony to my gut and my mind once and for all, healing my core from the inside out.
So how do you heal Candida once and for all?
- Stop feeding it. Join our 21 day Sugar Challenge and see why we make detoxing from sugar such a big deal. Consider this the most important step.
- High protein, high fiber diet that helps you live a lifestyle that suits you while beating this evil culprit.
- Kill it. Take grapefruit seed extract, NAC, Neem, Caprylic acid, Berberine and HCL
- Repopulate with enzymes, pre and probiotics *all shared in the Group –Join now.
Take our Quiz!
Aren’t sure you want to join the Challenge? Watch the ‘Let’s Not Sugar Coat This presentation’
Did you see the Alcohol & the Gut presentation?
Sunnyside is an awesome app that helps you moderate your drinking. Check out Julie's guest blog appearance and see my top 5 lifestyle tips for a Dry-ish January!
The liver & lymphatic systems have a huge importance to gut health. Look for my Detox tips in the Challenge group too! It’s free. You will be glad you did it for no one else but YOU!
What you get when you join the 21 Day Sugar Challenge:
- A supportive group of like-minded people looking to get off sugar and jumpstart their year too! Accountability works when you participate!
- Living Clean Meditations & Lectures on Gut Health
- 3 weekly Lives discussing topics like Gut health, mindfulness & self care exercises, foods, supplements, detox and lifestyle hacks to support your goals, metabolism, exercise, hormones and more!
- Drinking Dirty & Eating Wild Recipes
- Special offers, promotions, and HUGE secret news being released mid-month :)